Thursday, March 8, 2012

The "Perfect" Homeschool Kids

Last night as we were leaving church a fellow Awana volunteer was walking out with us and commented on my 2 boys that she thinks are 'perfect'...  Now don't get me wrong, I do appreciate it when people say our boys are well-behaved, but... but... perfect?  No!  They are just normal kids who do normal kid things...  while I'm partial to my boys and think they're pretty awesome (because they are), they are far from perfect.  The people pleaser in me struggles with wanting to be perfect to everyone... if I'm 'perfect enough' I'll be good enough for friendship, ministry, parenthood, marriage... the list goes on and on and on....  The truth is my boys get angry with one another and say unkind things sometimes;  sometimes they are disobedient or sassy;  sometimes they are too competitive and have a bad attitude.  The truth is they have a sin nature just like everyone else, and they have their own individual areas of sin in which they struggle...  all that said, I hope that when that very nice lady learns my boys aren't 'perfect', she will still love them as Jesus loves her, and them, and me...

Blessings

W

2 comments:

  1. "all that said, I hope that when that very nice lady learns my boys aren't 'perfect', she will still love them as Jesus loves her, and them, and me.."

    Amen and amen!!! I don't want perfect kids, I want redeemed kids. :) That's my goal for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kids Wendy! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete