Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Prayer for Today... and maybe every day...

My prayer for today, and maybe every day hereafter...
Oh, my LORD, my God... would that my heart may thoroughly enjoy You... would that I may not give in to my selfish fits of passion, but grow each day in Your amazing and abundant grace, mercy and love... to live out my days in complete devotion and worship to You, O my God, would be my greatest joy;  that I could be useful to You, to love Your people- Your children- as I ought and bring them joy and encouragement... yet how much like a baby I am, Father, in giving in to my many insecurities, fears, hurts, all of which do You no honor or glory.
Oh LORD how You reign, robed in majesty, Your throne is established from of old, You are from everlasting..  Thank You, O my God, for who You are!  Mightier than the thunder of many waters;  Mightier than the waves of the sea, You, O LORD on high are Mighty!
How I long for more of You, to know You more deeply... How I long to be rid of this wretched sin that is so ugly in Your sight... remove it from me, Sovereign Lord, that I may have a pure heart before You...  I love You, Abba.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment