Saturday, January 2, 2010

I wonder why...

I was reading a friend's blog a little earlier this evening... in it she recounted a couple of experiences she had- one of them being breaking her toe because her 6year old son had created a 'web' from her bed to her dresser with a transparent jumprope about one inch from the floor. Needless to say, she walked into her room to get something in the dark and fell and broke her toe... Now, this type of thing happens to her quite often, not necessarily the breaking of bones, but a collage of random unusual circumstances that makes life very challenging at times... I've never had experiences like she does- my life just isn't like that... so, I'm wondering why her and not me... the obvious answer is that God knows just what we can and cannot handle- and I certainly couldn't handle some of the things with my children that she does with hers (though her children are wonderful, they are very creative)... So, I wonder why her children do things like that, and mine don't... I wonder if I'm doing something wrong that my children don't express their creativity in a similar fashion...
I know my children are very creative and love adventure, but I certainly hope that I- nor anyone else in our home- would have any broken bones as a result of their creativity...

No comments:

Post a Comment