Thursday, November 17, 2011

Peace...

Well, it's official... winter is here and Thanksgiving is only one week away.  It's the time of year when we all dwell a little more on the things we're thankful for, and many are participating in a 30-ish days of thankfulness on Facebook- present company included.  While it's true that I'm very thankful for our everyday conveniences like running water, the physical ability to bend over and put on my socks, our dog (yes, it's true, I love our dog so very much, she's a part of our family and the best dog every), our vehicles and the many material items the Lord has provided;  and while it's true that I'm grateful to the Lord for bringing me my husband, and giving us our two boys (though we would have loved it if He would have blessed us with a couple more), for my parents and in-laws;  and while it's true that I'm so thankful and humbled by the fact that salvation was granted to a sinner such as myself, the thing I'm most thankful for is the peace of our Lord that surpasses all understanding. 


I love this verse from Romans 15:13 ~  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

It's a peace that comes directly from God, the God of hope.  Without it, I know for certain I wouldn't be able to live this life the Lord has planned for me.  The love God has for His children, that He would give us such a precious gift as His peace, joy, hope, love, is so dear to me... I don't even have words to describe it.
 
So anyway, as I move into this holiday season with all of its hustle and bustle, the shopping, traveling from one family function to another, wishing for everyone to be happy, I'm so very thankful for the peace of God which surpasses all understanding.  Romans 15:13, that is my prayer for this season of life.

May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord (2 Peter1:2)

W

** Photo provided free by GeekPhilosopher.  GeekPhilosopher: Instant download of free stock photos, images, backgrounds, and desktop wallpapers. Pictures can be used for personal and commercial web sites. http://www.geekphilosopher.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment